Bethesda is giving a first look at the Wastelanders expansion today. The free expansion for Fallout 76 (buy at Amazon) releases for Steam, B.net, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on April 7, 2020. Watch the first official trailer using the player below!
In Fallout 76: Wastelanders, people are now coming back to West Virginia. Two vying factions are struggling to gain the upper hand as the secrets of West Virginia are revealed. The Settlers have come to find a new home, and the Raiders have come to exploit them. Embark on a new quest for the Overseer, forge alliances with competing factions, and uncover the truth of what’s hidden in the mountains.
Wastelanders includes a new main quest. Uncover the secrets of West Virginia by playing through an all-new main quest, starting from the moment you leave Vault 76. You’ll also find human NPCs. Befriend or betray new neighbors who have come to rebuild, and experience Appalachia through the eyes of its residents.
Wastelanders also features new creatures and gear, as well as a new reputation system. Take down newly mutated creatures finding their way to the region and earn the highest tier of weapons and armor. Alter the fates of those you meet with dialogue trees. Decisions affect your standing with each faction through an all-new reputation system.
While the expansion is free for Fallout 76 owners, Bethesda is also offering for purchase two Faction-themed content bundles, as well as a combination bundle, which will give players access to exclusive cosmetic and C.A.M.P. items.
The following bundles will be available for purchase by Fallout 76 owners:
Wastelanders Raider Content Bundle
- Mine Car Planter – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Raider C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Raider edge
- Raider Stash Box – Raider-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Raider Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Crater
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit – Look like another resident of Crater with this outfit (includes mask and bandana)
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag – Raider-style Loot bag, complete with skull
- Raider Pillager Backpack – A Raider-style backpack
- Raider Marauder Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance for your Power Armor based on the Crater Raiders
Settler Content Bundle
- Garden Truckbed Trailer – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Settler C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Settler appearance
- Settler Stash Box – Settler-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Settler Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Foundation
- Settler Mechanic Outfit – Look like another resident of Foundation with this outfit (includes hat)
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag – Settler-style Loot bag that looks like a travel case
- Settler Relief Backpack – A Settler-style backpack
- Settler Vigilante Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance based on the Foundation Settlers
Raider and Settler Content Bundle
- Includes both sets of the items listed above
For those who haven’t jumped into Fallout 76 yet, you can pick up either the Fallout 76: Wastelanders edition of the game, which includes the base game content and the Wastelanders expansion, or the Fallout 76: Wastelanders Deluxe Edition, which includes the full game and all content from the Raider and Settler Content Bundle detailed above.
When Wastelanders launches on April 7, Fallout 76 will also make its way onto Steam. Both the Fallout 76: Wastelanders version and the Fallout 76: Wastelanders Deluxe Edition will be available for purchase in the Steam store. You’ll also be able to pick up Atoms, a Fallout 1st membership, the Tricentennial Pack, and the Raider and Settler Content Bundle through Steam.