The Central Perk sofa is “going places!” So, take a seat, friends, as Warner Bros. Television Group celebrates the 25th anniversary of Friends by inviting you and your BFFs to snap a pic on the iconic three-seater. The must-see Friends sofa will be found in some of the world’s most-talked about destinations, starting with the Grand Canyon, and continuing to the Empire State Building, London’s Tower Bridge, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, and countless others, now through the end of September 2019.
Fans attending New York’s Tribeca TV Festival on September 13 to see series executive producers David Crane, Marta Kauffman and Kevin Bright discuss the landmark comedy series should also keep a lookout for their Insta-worthy Friends sofa moment. In addition, the sofas will host filmmakers and talent at the Toronto International Film Festival (as part of Variety’s Photo Studio) and the Venice International Film Festival (as part of Elle Italia’s photo studio). And, of course, the iconic orange couch will also be on display at the Friends Pop-Up Experience in New York City.
To launch the Friends 25th Couch Tour, the Central Perk sofa made initial appearances at the Grand Canyon (also celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the National Park Service) and at Stonehenge. Across the globe, worldwide fans can look forward to finding the Friends sofa at the following iconic locations:
- The Empire State Building (Observation Deck) – New York, USA (Sept. 21–22)
- US Bank Tower (OUE Skyspace LA) – Los Angeles, USA (Sept. 16–22)
- Maggie Daley Park – Chicago, USA (Sept. 21)
- Willis Tower (Observation Deck) – Chicago, USA (Sept. 20–22)
- Jackson Square – New Orleans, USA (Sept. 19–22)
- Klyde Warren Park – Dallas, USA (Sept. 13–29)
- Reunion Tower (Observation Deck) – Dallas, USA (Sept. 16–30)
- The London Eye – London, UK (Sept. 22)
- Abbey Road – London, UK
- Ross Fountain/Edinburgh Castle – Edinburgh, UK (Sept. 16)
- Cardiff Castle – Cardiff, UK (Sept. 19)
- Tower Bridge (Potters Field) – London, UK (Sept. 20)
- Jardin du Palais Royal – Paris, France (Sept. 12)
- Triton Fountain (Piazza Barberini) – Rome, Italy (Sept. 21–22)
- Lucca Comics & Games Fan Event – Lucca, Italy (Oct.30–Nov. 3)
- Royal Palace – Madrid, Spain (Oct.1–Nov.30)
- Berlin Sony Center – Berlin, Germany (Sept. 21–22)
- FACTS (Flanders Expo) – Ghent, Belgium (Oct. 19)
- The Burj Khalifa – Dubai, UAE (Sept. 16–Oct.16)
- Bondi Beach – Sydney, Australia (Aug. 28)
- Comic Con Africa – Johannesburg, South Africa (Sept. 21–24)
- Loft Ginza – Tokyo, Japan (Sept. 18–24)
In addition, the Central Perk sofa will travel to other destinations across the globe, including tour locations in India (Mumbai, Delhi & Bangalore), Colombia (Bogota), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Brazil (São Paulo), Mexico (Mexico City, Puebla, Nuevo León, Guadalajara & Tijuana), Australia (Sydney & Melbourne), New Zealand, Malaysia, Philippines and many, many more.
The Central Perk sofa is also coming to select theatres nationwide as part of the Friends 25th: The One with the Anniversary Fathom Events screenings (Sept. 23 & 28, and Oct. 2). Stop by designated theatres after September 16 with your friends and get a photo on the famous sofa!
The world-famous Friends couch will be on display at AT&T retail stores in New York City’s Times Square, Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, Seattle, the Mall of America in Minneapolis, Anchorage (Alaska) and Mexico City. The ubiquitous couch will also pop up in select retail stores across the U.S., Mexico and Latin America.