Survivor will celebrate its upcoming 40th season with a new one-hour special, Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players, to be broadcast Wednesday, Feb. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS.
The milestone 40th edition of Survivor, hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, premieres with a special two-hour episode one week later, on Wednesday, Feb. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS.
Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players features new interviews with unforgettable players from the past two decades of the groundbreaking series who discuss their biggest moves and favorite moments of the game, including previous winners Rob Mariano (“Redemption Island”), Amber Mariano (“All-Stars”), Jeremy Collins (“Second Chance”), Parvati Shallow (“Fan vs. Favorites”), and Ben Driebergen (“Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers”).
“We had so much fun putting together 20 years of amazing moments that will remind everyone of why Survivor is so addicting to watch and so fun to play,” said executive producer and host Jeff Probst.
Survivor at 40 Will Include:
- Parvati discusses her strategy behind the game-changing move of playing two idols in “Heroes vs. Villains,” and the psychology behind the historic Black Widow alliance that convinced Erik to give up his immunity necklace during “Fans vs. Favorites.”
- Rob and Amber relive falling in love during “All Stars” and Rob’s marriage proposal at the live finale in Madison Square Garden.
- Ben talks about his infamous upside-down “U” and winning the first final four fire-making challenge in “Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers.”
- Jeremy remembers the anxiety that came with trying to find the first idol hidden within an immunity challenge during “Second Chance.”
- The emotional Tribal Council when Ciera Eastin was forced to vote out her mom, Laura Morett in “Blood vs. Water.”
- The historic Tribal Council in “Game Changers” when fan-favorite Cirie Fields was voted out of the game despite not receiving a single vote.
- Plus, life-changing moments with Christian Hubicki (“David vs. Goliath”), Donathan Hurley (“Ghost Island”), David Wright (“Millennials vs. Gen X”), and Cirie Fields (“Panama”), who all overcame personal obstacles when faced with tough situations on the island.
The special will also include a sneak peek of the upcoming season of Survivor: Winners at War.
Survivor premiered May 31, 2000 and ultimately changed the television landscape. Since the first group of castaways were marooned on the beaches of Borneo 20 years ago, the game has evolved and adapted. Almost 600 castaways have played the game, and only 38 were crowned with the title of Sole Survivor, with Sandra Diaz-Twine being the only castaway to earn the title on two separate seasons.
Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players is produced by S.E.G. Holdco., LLC. Executive produced by Jeff Probst and Matt Van Wagenen and produced by Brittany Crapper.