Nintendo has announced that on December 12, Star Fox 2 and five more games will be added to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online and Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online collections. You can learn more about each game below.
- Star Fox 2 (Super NES) – This 3D rail-shooter and second installment of the Star Fox series was first designed for Super NES, but went unreleased until it appeared on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system in 2017. This time, Emperor Andross is on a crusade to conquer the Lylat system and the Star Fox team itself. After a long wait, Star Fox is back in action.
- Super Punch-Out!! (Super NES) – Featuring the tight gameplay and humor the series is known for, this sequel to the NES classic sees Little Mac return to the ring with the World Video Boxing Association belt once again at stake.
- Kirby Super Star (Super NES) – That awful King Dedede is at it again – he’s stolen all the food in Dream Land. It’s up to Kirby to get it back and ultimately save Popstar from being taken over. There’s never a dull moment as Kirby dashes, flies and fights!
- Breath of Fire II (Super NES) – Set 500 years after the original, take on the role of Ryu, the last member of the Dragon Clan. A cast of unusual and exciting companions join you in your adventures across a wondrous land full of magic and mystery.
- Crystalis (NES) – An epic story for action-RPG fans is ready to unfold. Set in a world where civilization lies in ruins, the young protagonist awakes from cryogenic sleep and the adventure begins. Collect the Sword of Wind and venture into the unknown.
- Journey to Silius (NES) – Join Jay on his run-and-gun mission to take down the mechanical army responsible for his father’s death. Defeat endless waves of attack robots and fulfill his father’s dream of developing a space colony in the Silius Solar System.
These new additions expand the Super NES library available on the Nintendo Switch system to 24 titles and the NES library to 50 titles, for a total of 74 classic games. To celebrate the inclusion of 50 NES games, Nintendo is offering a 50% discount on a set of Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers that are compatible with Nintendo Switch. All games that are part of the Super NES and NES collections have been enhanced with online features and can be played anytime and anywhere.
In related news, Nintendo says that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems sold a combined total of more than 830,000 units in the U.S. over Thanksgiving week. This ranks as the single best week of U.S. sales in Nintendo Switch history.
In addition to hardware, Nintendo Switch software also sold well over Thanksgiving week. In only a few weeks since launch, the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games have now sold a combined total of more than 3 million in the Americas. Other Nintendo Switch games also passed new life-to-date sales milestones in the Americas, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at 8.5 million, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 8 million, Super Mario Odyssey at 6.5 million and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at 1.5 million.