The trailer introduces the following characters and voice cast:
- King Agnarr – The son of King Runeard, King Agnarr is married to Queen Iduna, and is Anna and Elsa’s father. King Agnarr loves his family, and would do anything to ensure his daughters’ wellbeing and safety. Alfred Molina lends his voice to King Agnarr.
- Yelana – The unspoken leader of the nomadic Northuldra. She is fiercely protective of her family and community but is known to soften when people show an understanding of nature and their environment. Martha Plimpton was called on to bring Yelana to life.
- Honeymaren – A member of the Northuldra, Honeymaren is a true free spirit and wants nothing more than to bring peace to the enchanted forest. She is bold and brave, with a reverence for the magic of nature. Rachel Matthews provides the voice of Honeymaren.
- Ryder – Eager and fun, Honeymaren’s brother Ryder embraces life with optimism. Ryder’s love of reindeer might just rival Kristoff’s – but unlike Kristoff, Ryder has never roamed the great plains outside of the Enchanted Forest. He longs to embrace the world and venture beyond the magical mist. Jason Ritter lends his voice to Ryder.
- Bruni – Curious and cute, this salamander inhabits the Enchanted Forest. Though shy at first, Bruni can’t help but be drawn to Elsa’s icy magic and enjoys the cool snowflake treats she creates.
Why was Elsa born with magical powers? The answer is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she’ll set out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In Frozen, Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In Frozen 2, she must hope they are enough.
From the Academy Award-winning team — directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, and producer Peter Del Vecho — and featuring the voices of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad, and the music of Oscar-winning songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen 2 opens in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22, 2019.
It was announced at D23 Expo in August that Sterling K. Brown will voice Lieutenant Matthias and Evan Rachel Wood is voicing Queen Iduna.
The first film was released in November 2013 and went on to gross $1.276 billion at the worldwide box office. In April 2019, it was announced that the Walt Disney Animation Studios is also creating the Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 for Disney+. The documentary series will show the hard work and imagination that go into making one of the most highly-anticipated Walt Disney Animation Studios features.
What do you think about the new Frozen 2 trailer? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.