Universal Pictures Home Entertainment today announced the Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw Digital and Blu-ray release dates. The film will be available on Digital October 15 (pre-order here), as well as on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on November 5 (pre-order here), 2019. Hobbs and Shaw features over 80 minutes of never-before-seen bonus content, including an alternate opening, deleted and extended scenes and several featurettes with the filmmakers and cast that take fans further into the thrilling story.
Hobbs and Shaw has earned $164.3 million domestically and $556.7 million internationally, for a worldwide total of $721 million so far.
For years, hulking lawman Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and lawless outcast Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) have traded smack talk and body blows. But when cyber-genetically enhanced anarchist Brixton Lorr (Idris Elba) gains control of an insidious bio-threat that could alter humanity forever, Hobbs and Shaw must partner up to bring down the only guy who might be badder than themselves.
Joining the cast as Shaw’s sister Hattie, Vanessa Kirby. Directed by David Leitch from a story by longtime Fast & Furious narrative architect Chris Morgan and a screenplay by Morgan and Drew Pearce, Hobbs and Shaw is produced by Johnson, Statham, Morgan and Hiram Garcia.
Hobbs and Shaw Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features:
- ALTERNATE OPENING
- DELETED/EXTENDED/ALTERNATE SCENES
- JOHNSON & STATHAM: HOBBS & SHAW – Why this film duo works so well together on and off the set.
- PROGRESS OF A FIGHT SCENE WITH DIRECTOR DAVID LEITCH – From script, to storyboard, to finally arriving on set and working with cast and crew, this piece will illustrate the progression of fight scenes from concept to execution.
- PRACTICAL ACTION – Any film featuring Jason Statham or Dwayne Johnson is sure to be action packed and feature some over-the-top fight scenes. For the film, each fight sequence was carefully choreographed and shot ahead of time for the actors to use in training and ultimately in shooting the scene.
- THE BAD GUY – Fans can explore what makes the ultimate baddie, as well as Brixton’s backstory, casting Idris Elba, special effects for his cyber features and what makes him tick.
- THE SISTER – This piece will highlight Vanessa Kirby as Hattie Shaw – she may be Deckard Shaw’s little sister, but don’t be fooled, she’s equally capable of kicking just as much ass as he does.
- HOBBS’ FAMILY TREE – This character piece will highlight the extended family of the Hobbs heroes. From Hobbs’ daughter, mother and brothers, take a high-energy, behind-the-scenes look at their time on set.
- THE MATRIARCH – With her brief appearance in HOBBS & SHAW, audiences are reminded of the matriarchal might of Helen Mirren as mother Shaw. This piece will feature Mirren in her return to the role.
- NEW FRIENDS – Featuring hilarious moments with the cameos featured in the film, this piece will showcase some of the best moments from their days on set.
- ELEVATOR ACTION – The elevator scene in the trailer – yes, you know the one. This is just one of the crazy stunts in the film – now fans can see how it was done.
- STUNT SHOW AND TELL – Along with film clips and stunt vis, this firsthand look at some of the key sequences in the film will peel back the layers of the stunt process.
- KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY: A CONVERSATION WITH ROMAN AND DWAYNE – In this intimate conversation, Roman Reigns and Dwayne Johnson discuss their personal relationship, coming from a long lineage of wrestlers, and what it’s like to be working side by side on a project so close to Johnson’s heart.
- BLIND FURY – Dwayne reveals the inspiration behind one of the film’s key scenes – his grandfather!
- DWAYNE AND HOBBS: LOVE AT FIRST BITE – We know how important family is to Dwayne Johnson, and his French Bulldog Hobbs is no exception. In this fun piece, fans can learn more about Dwayne and man’s best friend.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR DAVID LEITCH