Following yesterday’s World of Warcraft Classic announcement, Blizzard Entertainment has also debuted a new Rise of Azshara cinematic trailer. In the trailer, Varok Saurfang realizes that if he is to secure a future for the Horde, he must reach out to the one who led it in the past.
As World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth rages on, an ancient enemy emerges from the depths of the Great Sea. In Rise of Azshara, the second major content update of this expansion, the Alliance and the Horde must stand against a threat even greater than the vicious war that embroils them—the Queen of the Tides herself.
Rise of Azshara introduces two new zones that take players to extraordinary new locales filled with a bounty of rewards—the sunken naga city of Nazjatar, and the enigmatic Mechagon, home of the mechanical gnomes—as well as a new 8-boss raid on Azshara’s Eternal Palace; the sprawling Mythic mega-dungeon Operation: Mechagon; the all-new Essences system; and much more.
Rise of Azshara Content:
- NAZJATAR EMERGES – The seas have parted to reveal the sunken capital city of the naga and the seat of the mighty Queen Azshara. As you explore Nazjatar, ally with the Unshackled or the Ankoan, two peoples actively resisting naga dominion—and even adventure with (and level up) NPC combat allies.
- FOR A FREE MECHAGON – A crisis has beset the city of Mechagon and its surrounding scrapyard wastes. Unite with exiled Prince Erazim and the Rustbolt Resistance as you scavenge a new zone for supplies and treasure, then depose a mad king in Operation: Mechagon, a Karazhan-style Mythic “mega-dungeon.”
- RAID AZSHARA’S ETERNAL PALACE – Confront Nazjatar’s mightiest champions and most unfathomable monstrosities in an 8-boss raid culminating in a showdown with the dreaded Queen Beneath the Tides.
- IMBUE THE HEART OF AZEROTH WITH ESSENCES – Harness the power of Essences, which bring a whole new layer of progression and character customization to the Heart of Azeroth. Seek out the Essence powers you’re most interested in, and unleash a titanic arsenal of potent traits and play-changing active abilities.
- TAKE TO THE SKIES – Complete the requirements for the Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder achievements and earn the ability to fly in Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Mechagon, and Nazjatar.
- HEROIC WARFRONT: STROMGARDE – Group up with your most stalwart allies and put your coordination and tactical acuity to the test in Heroic Stromgarde, designed to challenge the most battle-hardened warbands.
- GEAR UP YOUR MOUNT – All-new Mount Equipment lets you customize your entire collection with abilities like water-walking, slowfall, and daze protection. Pick your favorite, and unleash your stable upon Azeroth.
- GNOME & TAUREN HERITAGE ARMOR – Have a max-level gnome or tauren and are Exalted with their factions? Embark on a quest to learn more about these venerable races and acquire their Heritage Armor.