Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has announced The Upside Digital and Blu-ray release dates have been set for May. Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston pair up to tell the inspirational true story of a genuine and unique friendship in the fun and moving comedy.
The Upside is debuting on Digital on May 14 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand on May 21 from STXfilms, Lantern Entertainment and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. From acclaimed director Neil Burger (Divergent, Limitless), the film follows a discouraged out-of-work ex-con and a wealthy quadriplegic who unexpectedly come together and help each other bring back their zest for life.
The Upside earned an “A” CinemaScore from moviegoers and features a supporting cast including Nicole Kidman (Aquaman, Big Little Lies), Golshifteh Farahani (Paterson, Boutique), Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife, ER), Aja Naomi King (The Birth of a Nation, How to Get Away with Murder), and Tate Donovan (Argo, Damages).
Recently paroled ex-convict, Dell Scott (Hart) strikes up an unusual and unlikely friendship with a quadriplegic billionaire, Phillip Lacasse (Cranston) in this hilarious and heartfelt comedy. From worlds apart, Dell and Phillip form an unlikely bond, bridging their differences and gaining invaluable wisdom in the process, giving each man a renewed sense of passion for all of life’s possibilities.
The Upside Digital, Blu-ray, and DVD releases come loaded with special bonus content including a gag reel, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and a breakdown of the onscreen chemistry between Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston.
The Upside Digital, Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Onscreen Chemistry: Kevin and Bryan – Film stars Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston talk about their unique characters and working together on The Upside.
- Creating a Story of Possibility – Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston share insight on how their characters, Dell Scott and Phillip Lacasse, unexpectedly come together to help each other unlock a new world of possibilities.
- Bridging Divisions – Director Neil Burger and Kevin Hart talk about how two very different people find common ground through compassion for each other.
- Embracing Positivity – Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston open up about positive messages in the film and the power of hope, love, and friendship.
- Presenting a Different Side of Kevin Hart – Neil Burger, Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston discuss Kevin’s career-changing role and his fantastic performance.
- Theatrical Trailer