Every year, people celebrate the mustached hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario, on March 10, aka “Mario Day.” For this year’s celebration, Nintendo is offering a special deal on select Mario games for the Nintendo Switch system. Between Sunday, March 10, and Saturday, March 16, anyone outside the Mushroom Kingdom can purchase select Nintendo Switch systems and one of five select games starring Mario for a suggested retail price of only $329.98. That’s a savings of $30, which amounts to 50 percent off one of the games.
People that already own Nintendo Switch can still take advantage of the promotion, as they can purchase a digital download code from participating retail stores or retailer websites to redeem in Nintendo eShop for the same five Mario games for only $39.99 each. Downloaded games from Nintendo eShop live directly on the Nintendo Switch system, so it’s ideal for gamers who want all their games in one place, as there’s no need to carry around game cards.
The five Mario games featured in the Mario Day promotion, which all offer fun experiences that can be enjoyed together by the whole family, are:
- Super Mario Party, an uproarious party game for up to four players. Play as classic characters in a series of more than 80 fun new minigames.
- Super Mario Odyssey, a massive globe-trotting 3D adventure for one to two players. Using his new ally Cappy to control objects, animals and enemies, Mario explores multiple creative Kingdoms to collect Power Moons.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the multiplayer high-speed racer. Race friends through colorful tracks using iconic characters like Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and even Link from The Legend of Zelda series and the Inklings from Splatoon.
- Mario Tennis Aces, a multiplayer sports game. Play locally or online with friends in fast-paced tennis matches across multiple modes.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, a multiplayer side-scrolling platformer with 164 creative and challenging levels.
“What better way to celebrate Mario Day than by playing some of the most popular Mario games on Nintendo Switch,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This promotion is a great option for consumers who want to pick up Nintendo Switch and some hit games at a value price.”
The Nintendo Switch system + one Mario game promotion will be available in store and online at participating retailers, while the individual Mario game sale is exclusive to participating retailers that sell digital download codes.