Audible today announced the forthcoming release of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – Makers, Mysteries and Magic, written by documentary maker Hana Walker-Brown and journalist Mark Salisbury, and produced by Pottermore Publishing with Audible Originals and Warner Bros. Consumer Products. The audiobook is narrated by Tony Award-winning actor Dan Fogler, who plays Jacob Kowalski in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Releasing on November 16th, to coincide with the opening of the new movie, the Fantastic Beasts behind-the-scenes book is available for pre-order now.
This original non-fiction audiobook captures the magic of moviemaking behind the latest installment in the Wizarding World series. With unrivaled access to the film’s cast, director, producers, and other filmmakers, the new audiobook pulls back the curtain on one of the most anticipated films of the year. Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski) takes listeners on an audio adventure around the backlot of Leavesden Studios, into rehearsals and workshops. Listeners of the Fantastic Beasts behind-the-scenes book will hear:
- Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander) describing how this film is a ‘different beast’ in terms of its pace, direction, and stakes, and discussing the development of his character in relation to a whole host of new cast members.
- Jude Law (Albus Dumbledore) on portraying a younger Dumbledore.
- Zoë Kravitz (Leta Lestrange) discussing her character, revealing insights into the Lestrange family.
- Ezra Miller (Credence) and new cast member Claudia Kim (the Maledictus) exploring their characters’ complex journeys and the intense bond they share.
- Fascinating insights into building a magical version of 1927 Paris on a studio backlot in outer London, including what influenced the design of new wands, why puppeteers perform on set with the key cast members, and hidden details and artistic references in the iconic wizarding world wardrobe designs.
Recorded during filming at Leavesden Studios, the audiobook also features interviews with a host of key members of the filmmaking team, including director David Yates, producer David Heyman, production designer Stuart Craig, graphic designers MinaLima, make-up artists, prop makers, set decorators, woodworkers and steelworkers, stunt men, extras, the catering crew, and more.
“This whole experience has been an adventure for me and I’m really excited for fans to come along for the ride,” said Fogler. “We made an exclusive, all-access audiobook that takes you to places that no microphone has been before. If you’ve ever wanted to know what it takes to make not just an epic movie but one set in the Wizarding World, this is a must-listen! It covers everything from props, costumes, and acting… to wands and Nifflers! I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.”
“We are thrilled to offer Audible listeners the opportunity to enjoy a brilliant performance of yet another essential component of the Wizarding World,” said Audible EVP and Publisher Beth Anderson. “Dan’s narration and the insights shared by the cast, creators and makers give listeners an unprecedented behind-the-scenes look at the making of the latest chapter in the Fantastic Beasts film series.”
“This genre-bending production is truly an audio first, blending Dan Fogler’s warm comic performance with real-life documentary recordings captured on the set of one of the most anticipated films of 2018,” said Senior Commissioning Audio Editor at Pottermore Publishing, Ravina Bajwa. “We are thrilled to be working with the Audible Originals team who have brought creative flair and expertise in original audio storytelling, in order to create a one-of-a-kind sensory experience of life on a film set.”