Sony’s Santa Monica Studio announced today that God of War New Game+ will be available as a free patch update on August 20, which marks the four-month anniversary of the video game. To access all the new content, you’ll need to complete the story campaign of God of War on any difficulty.
With God of War New Game+ comes a host of new gear, more difficult enemies, and cinematic skipping.
Here’s a rundown of the God of War New Game+ content:
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
The PlayStation 4 title is now available everywhere.